More than 3,200 patients in northern Bicol and the southern island of Mindanao have died, the Department of Health (DOH) said on Monday.
It is the worst-ever outbreak of coronavirus in the Philippines.
DOH Director-General Ronald dela Rosa said the number of deaths was more than 3.4 million and the figure could rise.
“We will continue to focus on the people who need our support most,” he said.
He said it was crucial for the country to be able to deal with the “disastrous effects” of the pandemic, and the Philippines would continue to be at risk of contracting the virus.
The toll from the coronaviruses in the country has been high, as coronaviral disease is one of the world’s leading killers.
The virus, first detected in 1957, has killed nearly 100 million people and infected over a billion people, mainly in the developing world.
The Philippines is one the world countries hardest hit by the pandemics.
The government said on Saturday that more than 9 million patients had been declared critically ill in the first four days of the coronacovirus outbreak.
The figure does not include the millions of patients who are in isolation.
“The health of the people of the Philippines is a priority, and I am determined to work tirelessly to ensure that all our citizens are cared for,” dela Cruz said.